Wednesday, June 08, 2005

8/06/05
Feel like taking some time off to pen down some thoughts about my mum... though Mothers' day is over already... grinZ...
There's never a time too late to thank your mother isn't it?
I was just thinking about my mum... and I realised that she's the first person I'd really think of whenever I needed someone to talk to, or needed someone to cry to. Last thursday, when I really needed to cry, I called her, and that started my tears rolling... Today, I felt like crying too... and I called her... but I didn't cry...
What's it about mothers that make us trust them so much???
1) They've been your pillar of support even before you were born.
You depended on your mother for nutrients when you were in her womb. Don't come up to me saying that's not true, cuz U know better. Even before you were born, she understood you. Both of you formed a mutual understanding even before you were born.
2) They held you right after you were born.
Of course, the doctors and the nurses were first. But how many of you were born without dad at your side? I was... and mum had to call the neighbour to send her to hospital when I was about to be born. Thank God, because I almost died... haha heard that the umbilical cord coiled twice around my neck. well well... I was naughty even before I was born... jumping rope in the womb??? :P
3) They carried you more often when you were a baby.
Dads don't breastfeed do they? Mothers have to carry you when they are breastfeeding, and I think it really is second nature to women to know how to hold a child, because guys are just so crap at holding children
4) They were the ones whom you held on to when U learnt how to walk.
Mum taught me how to talk, to read, to walk. Not that Dad didn't play his role, but he was constantly outstation. They are the proudest when their children learn new things, that's why you constantly hear mums boasting about their childrens' achievements, not Dads.
5) When you fell down, they were there to pick you up and dry your tears.
6) They are strong when you need them to be.
When I was a little kid, I had thrombocytopenia(Lack platelets). Had to stay in hospital, and mum had to stay in hospital with me, though I know she had her fair share of tears...
7) They put you first in their lives.
I remember mummy's cancer relapse... I know she was hurting inside... BUT everytime I called home, she'd say "Don't worry, I'm fine... is it cold over in Australia??? Remember to wear warmer clothing, don't fall sick..." She still does that... in Winter... in Summer she says... "even though it's warm don't fall sick" She constantly asks about what's going on in my life, though I've shut her out of some chapters cuz it's hard to reveal right now...
I Miss home...
So much... mummy, I miss you... I Love you... so much...

No comments: