Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Trust me, Father

I call this post the "Trust me, Father" post... It shows the desperation of Reuben, and how much He really needs Jacob to trust him in this decision

"Then Reuben said to his father, 'you may put both of my sons to death if I do not bring him back to you. Entrust him to my care, and I will bring him back(from Egypt)'. BUT Jacob said 'My son will NOT go down there with you; His brother is dead and He is the only one left. If harm comes to Him on the journey you are taking, you will bring my dray head down to the grave in sorrow."

I won't talk much about the background, read it as you go...

"Father, trust me!" He desperately calls out to his father. I imagine that in his heart he must have been so torn, yet so desperate. Desperate to get the supplies of food to feed the family, him having the responsibility because he's the eldest son. Yet torn that he had to give up his brother and may not even get to see him again. BUT he is willing to take the risk for the family, and even puts his sons as "deposits".

BUT his father turns him down flat. At this point of time, I would (in my humble opinion) suggest that Jacob was thinking and using his limited mind "what is going to happen to me if Benjamin dies, just like Joseph did? He's my only offspring with Rachel now that Joseph is dead, and my only living memory of her!"

How could he trust Reuben? Reuben had let him down so much! He slept with Jacob's concubine and failed to keep Joseph out of harm.

So this got me thinking. What about my life? As Kaiting? I have done so many wrong things in my life, that I think if my father knew everything, he wouldn't trust me anymore. What more our father in heaven, who knows everything?

BUT eventually I see that God still trusts me with his treasures, and his talents and His people through His blessings on me. He isn't limited in thought like Jacob. Instead, He continues to trust that I will emerge stronger. Which is why He gives unconditionally. Because He trusts me, and he trusts you too. Even without you pleading "Father, trust me".

He has trusted you from the day you were born, and till the day you die, He will never stop trusting you.

Friends, what is your mindset of God? Do you see Him as someone who lost faith in you ages ago??? I want to encourage you to open up your heart. To Him again... Because you will see that He has never let you go...

No comments: