Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Some thoughts about prayer...

Before I go on, think about this... When was the last time you have opened your heart enough for God to talk to you???

Friends tell me "I've actually read the bible, I know the bible... but I dun feel God talking to me"

So I'll ask you this question back... "When did you allow God to talk to you???"

Sometimes I feel so lost, trust me, I feel the same as like every single one... "Why doesn't God talk to me???"

N then I realise... Maybe I haven't opened my heart big enough to let Him talk to me...

Or maybe I haven't been listening to Him...

You know, sometimes I think God speaks to us especially when we are broken... Broken emotionally...

Let me tell you a story, about a girl... She wasn't too old, only 17... Few months before her 18th birthday, this girl was sitting in her bed... and she just had an argument with her boyfriend. Her parents were against everything she did... And though she knew that there was a god, she didn't know him yet... She felt that God was far away from her and not with her...

She wanted to die...

She had suicidal thoughts...

She almost ran into the kitchen and grabbed a knife...

She screamed in bed, and her tears fell like the rain...

Then she cried out to God... and asked for God to be with her...

She cried and cried... her heart was really broken...

Then God said "Do not worry... you are safe within me"

And immediately she felt the warmth... She felt the peace... Because of God's reassurance that He is constantly with her...

I'm sure when the girl heard about what Pastor Teresa said on Sunday, she would have felt the same emotions... The same feelings that Pastor Teresa would have felt when she said "God I hate this life..."

Because... at that point in time, the girl hated her life too...

So now you wonder... why is Kaiting sharing this story?

Just want to encourage you to open up your heart to God... For those of us who feel that "Yes, I know and believe that there's a God... but why haven't I heard Him yet???"

That's because I believe that... maybe you haven't truly opened up your heart to Him... Indeed, the best time that we get to know Him is through brokenness... So come to Him with a broken heart... Not to say that you have to feel all suicidal like that girl... BUT come to Him with a heart that's ready to be filled and mended by Him...

Because all He wants to give is peace, love and protection to those who love Him...

No comments: