Sunday, May 06, 2007

Let me share something about QT yesterday...

Am in a pretty bad state recently... haha... probably due to exam stress... (I think that's the main thing)~!!!!!

BUT still God's been faithful... and He's just been so awesome...

Through Cell group word, through the sermon yesterday... He answered my prayer to Him when I broke down and asked "God what am I doing to the lives You've entrusted me with"

And all the answers come back to "Kaiting, I have given you whatever you can handle..." and "Kaiting, seek first my kingdom and ALL the rest will be added to you..." and "Kaiting... I can do it all"

Genesis 31:24
Then God came to Laban the Aramean in a dream at night and said to him, "Be careful not to say anything to Jacob, either good or bad"

Background story was that Jacob ran away from Laban because Laban kept cheating him and he realised "this can't go on~!" so he decided to run away, taking Laban's daughters (His wives) and Laban's grandchildren.

So I imagine that when Laban came back from working outside, be it at the fields or something else, his servant ran towards Him going "Jacob has left~!!!! He's left this note saying he's leaving us forever~!!!! Master, He left with everything that has belonged to him, and even your Gods~!!!!!" For Rachel, His daughter stole all his gods...

I would imagine that Laban would have felt very angry, lost, and chased out in aggression. He gave chase... and I imagine he probably had intentions to harm Jacob. But God stepped out. He said "Do not say anything to Jacob, either good or bad". At this point of time, God's still faithful, even though Jacob was put in a situation that may have resulted in war between 2 clans, God's still faithful to take all Jacob's problems in His hands...

So I looked at my own life... Look at yours... Maybe you've been trialed and tested so much for God... Like Jacob has been cheated so much by Laban, but he still held on to God's promises... Maybe there's uncertainty in the future... BUT God is faithful, and He's always with you... To His enemies, He'll protect you against them. He'll say "DO NOT TOUCH HIM/HER" So let go of your problems... Flee from your enemies... Flee from the problems that are encircling your life... BUT if you do have to face them, face them with boldness... and always be certain that God is with you.

-In His Love-
Kaiting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heys,

Amazing that God talks to you, and would be great as you could use this in cell I say it would be good too since the story also will be greatly felt by alot of us who are stress with work,studies and life.