Sunday, December 18, 2005

I was just doing my quiet time... and this thing suddenly struck me...

It's very easy to bear grudges against people... and we tend to forget to pray for these people... Or rather... we don't want to pray for them. We feel tired... we ask God... why??? why make me pray for him/her??? Why give me that conviction in my heart, and tell me I MUST pray??? I SHOULD pray???

"But God!! I don't want to!!! don't force me!!!" <-- and we whine and whine and whine about how much that person has hurt us. How we feel so sad about it... I admit, I have done that so many times before... How much I hated that person... and I really refused to let go.

But today... these verses sort of woke me up... Sorta my mind's running 2 different thoughts... both focused on God... one is praying for my enemies... the other is about how I should continue to trust God... and believe I've already received... even before it has happened

In Acts it spoke about how Stephen was stoned to death... He continued to trust God... he didn't pull out in times of fear.

Acts 7:55-58

55But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.
56"Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."
57At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, 58dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul.

This verse I read... really touched my heart a lot a lot a lot... heaps
It's from Luke 23:33-35

33When they came to the place called the Skull, there they crucified him, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left.
34Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.
35The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, "He saved others; let him save himself if he is the Christ of God, the Chosen One."

Jesus prayed... for the people who crucified him... He's done so many miracles... and yet they killed him... they didn't believe... if I were him, I'd probably be so sad and just say "go away, go to wherever U belong, and just... whatever" but he didn't he said "Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing." How great is the love our God has for us!!! I was so touched... esp by that sentence... cuz... I'd not have that mentality... maybe not now... so that's what ppl mean by kingdom mentality... I want that too...!

3rd person... is Paul...

People turned against Him, but instead of being angry with those people, he blessed them and prayed for them too...

I feel so lucky to be the daughter of God... never ever felt so lucky before... because... He loves me and I know He truly does.

No comments: