Thursday, December 14, 2006

Went back to Chung Cheng again today... Make it a yearly routine to go back at least once a year when I go back to Singapore...

Brought back heaps of memories...

The time when I was growing up... From 13-16... That was the time where Chung Cheng shaped my life so much... Never ever thought I'd ever love a school so much, miss it so so much... Indeed, Chung Cheng has got its wonders, its beauty...

Arrived at school at 9am... realised Chung Cheng has become much more "cheena" in a way... Because there's actually a security guard house, which is built in the image of the school auditorium building... (Yes where the "Toa Pek Kong" sits)... Or maybe the Technical building... I dunno... Just the authentic Chinese roof thingy... haha... Walked through the entrance of Auditorium, Students were revising on history... They were "caught" to study history because they didn't do very well generally... This really brought back fond memories... Of Huiwen being "caught" every morning to do tian2 xie3 han4 zi4... I don't think students now actually understand how the teachers feel... How the teachers really have the burden in their hearts to help them do well... I never felt it so strongly before, until I stepped into school today... As people, we take everything for granted... Have this strange burden in my heart to want to go speak to them, and guide them on... The students were there physically, but 3/4 of them weren't even studying... walking around, going outside for walks, listening to music etc...

Met Miss Wong... Felt she's lost weight...

Huiyi and Huiwen were talking to miss Wong regarding the school lake... (which at one point they planned to cover up). BUT as much as they'd like to reclaim the land, there's really a maximum you can reclaim it. Because Chung Cheng is famous for its lake... Without the lake, I don't think Chung Cheng can be whole... The School lake brought back fond memories... Mr Zeng going "Zhong1 Zheng4 hu2 zhi3 neng2 yang3 wu1 gui1"... Apparently there were geese, rabbits and ducks... BUT I don't remember them at all...

Fond memories of Chinese Calligraphy

Memories of black dots on white skirt (Retro style~!!!!!)

Bats?!!~!!!

Crows...

The life in Chung Cheng was beautiful... Tho... we were pretty much contented in our 3 classes... of Higher Chinese... Didn't have much interaction with the other students on the 4th floor tho... Thus being known as the "gao1 hua2 san1 ban1"... The "san1 lou2 de ban1"... The Chung Cheng Spirit Award... The class decorations for CNY...

A walk down memory lane brought back many many memories... Miss Wong even made me play the piano~!

Then we had a walk to the old science building which is now used for CCA... It was renovated... So different, so beautiful now as compared to before... The grey, peeling paint has been changed to a beautiful beige-yellow colour. The ugly doors which were falling off was changed to beautiful, polished brown doors... The cracking granite(?) floors were changed to beautiful tiles... It has been changed... So beautiful... As we walked past the LT2... memories flooded back... Yes, the sky is crying... Grin... No... actually, the memories of me peeking at the back of the guy I used to like during HC remedial, memories of us arguing with Miss wong against Chinese Remedial... Boy we were a rowdy bunch! Walked to this room, called the pin3 cha2 shi4... or testing tea room? hehe... it teaches tea sampling to students... Awesome room... beautifully furnished with tea cups, pots, etc... the place for our "younger youth alumni" gathering... haha... then we went over to the next room to have a look... Chinese resource room... Full of Chinese books...

It's amazing to find how U have to leave something before you see how much that thing matters to you. I am serious...

Though I have left Chung Cheng now... A part of me will always remain... A growing up part of me... The part that has followed me for so so long... I love my school... always, always...

I realise a big part of me which really makes me want to stay behind in Singapore is Chung Cheng High School... I always feel the strong sense of coming back to serve my school... in any way after I go back to chung cheng... That intensifies the yi1 yi1 bu4 she3 feeling...

If I had a chance... I would bring my future spouse to visit the school... haha If I had a chance I'd encourage my students to go to Chung Cheng High...

I love you... Thank You...

No comments: