Thursday, February 08, 2007

There was a time when people said that Singapore couldn't make it...
But we did...
There was a time when troubles seemed too much for us to take...
But we did...

We built a nation, strong and free
Reaching out together
For peace and harmony...

This is my country
This is my flag
This is my future
This is my life
This is my family
These are my friends
We are Singapore, Singaporeans...

*song goes on*

Had a great time singing songs like this on the way home with Lynn and Marcus... I really enjoyed it... Miss Singapore a lot...

How ironic. At cell leaders meeting, the topic of Singapore came up...

And I started singing "Stand up for SIngapore"

Lawrence with an exasperated voice : PLEASE U AREN'T EVEN SINGAPOREAN...

Haha~! Which is true, I'm not Singaporean... Call me a Singaporean wanna-be if you want...

BUT I'm not afraid to admit... There is where I truly feel I belong...

Remember the times where you were searching, searching a place to belong, a place where you could grow up?

Singapore gave me the answer. It is where I spent most of my childhood, spent most of my teenage years. It is where I learnt how to fall, and stand up again... It is where I broke down massive numbers of times, because I couldn't take staying in Singapore... It is where I had friends who stood by my side when my auntie accused me of stealing her money... It is where I tried to slit my wrist and cut it a little... when I told huiyi with teary eyes, there was where she accompanied me, went with me to the toilet and listened to me cry...

Singapore is where I grew up... and where I matured...

Where I went to school, be it SiLing or Chung Cheng...

Where I made steadfast friendships...

Where I learnt how to depend on others...

Where I learnt about true friendships...

Call me a Singaporean wanna-be, I don't care...

Call me a Singaporean... I don't care...

Because that is where I belong... or rather, where my heart belongs...

Deep in my heart I will know
Right from the start we will grow
Look where we are
We've come so far
And there's still a long long way to go
With all of my heart I will care
I'll play my part, I will share
With family and friends
Together we stand
And in the end, hand in hand
We will get there...

Am typing this late when I have to wake up at 7. Call me crazy... But I simply had to let this out of my heart...

No comments: