Monday, November 28, 2005

I've been reading this book...

It's called One Tuesday Morning... by Karen Kingsbury...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I know it's been 4 yrs since the sept 11th issue's passed, but this story didn't fail to touch me, to make my heart hurt... truly, my heart went out to all the victims and their families of the Sept 11th bombing... So many lives were affected, so many people were hurt... I really didn't understand how people can do something like that... can harden their hearts so much to hurt so many people... The book was based on the change in the lives of 2 families... indeed, that fateful day, september 11th changed the lives of many many... including the families of those who died and their extended families...

and I thought...

What if... it was me???? What if... my dad died...??? what would I have done??? what if... that person had a tiff with his/her boyfriend in the morning... and didn't have a chance to say... "I'm sorry... but I love you..." I'm sorry... dozens of I'm sorry which should have been said, heaps of "I love you"s which should have been said were lost...

Hopes lost...

Lives lost...

One part in the book really touched me... this firefighter, His name is Jake, was helping out... and the South tower was going to collapse... and many people asked him how... how they can accept Jesus into their lives... and he led them in the Sinner's prayer... Even till his death, he was aiming to do things for God, to live for God... I wish I was like that... This part in the book struck me... the part where he highlighted his bible and said he really wanted to live like JEsus, and change everyday for Him...

I want to do that too...

I want to live like Jesus...

and live for him...

I want to change for Jesus...

I want to declare to the world...

I don't want "what ifs" in my life...

I don't want regrets...

I don't want to cry...

I want to live in victory...

I love you Jesus... deep down in my heart

No comments: